We would like to bring to your attention an important announcement made by the UK Government. Arrivals to the UK have been advised to prepare for disruption at the border during the strike action which is planned to take place between the 17th and 20th of February 2023. This strike will directly impact inbound travel to the UK from the French ports of Calais, Dunkirk, Coquelles Channel Tunnel Terminal and the Port of Dover.
The UK Government has made extensive preparations to minimize queues at the border and ensure the flow of goods through the border. Hundreds of people from across government and the military have been trained to carry out essential checks at the border, and they will be present at airports and ports across the UK.
We advise that all those who are due to travel into any UK port during the announced strike should be prepared to face longer wait times at UK border control and check with their operator before they travel.
Considering this, the UK government has provided tips to make your journey as smooth as possible:
- When travelling into the UK, please prepare for longer wait times at border control.
- Use eGates where available.
- Always check with your operator before you travel and follow their advice on when to arrive at the port/terminal.
- Be kind and patient with Border Force staff, who are working hard over this challenging period to support passengers and ensure you get to where you want to be.
- Be reassured that additional resources are available to support travellers and Border Force’s number one priority is to keep our border safe and secure for all passengers.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time.
We will issue a new communication in case of any updates. For any enquires regarding current services with Noatum Logistics, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.